The UK Inter Deanery Transfer process is administered by London Deanery Provider Support on behalf of Health Education England.
The national process was introduced in 2013, aimed at delivering a consistent and fair transfer system.
The national process;
- A single application via a IDT portal of application
- Two windows per year, in February and October
- A national eligibility criteria
- A single communication channel
- An enquiries service for those interested in transferring
There will not be an intermediary window for transfers between December 2013 and February 2014. The next window will
open from 19th Feb (4pm) to the 24th March (4pm).
Below are key dates in the next National IDT window:
- 19 February 2014: application window opens at 4pm
- 24 March 2014: application window closes at 4pm
- 26 March 2014: deadline for LETBs/Deaneries to declare
- 11 April 2014: Conditional offers will begin being sent to
- August to November 2014: IDT trainees will transfer into new
Further information can be found at: http://www.londondeanery.ac.uk/var/idt/ which has a FAQ section. For any further queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
There is a collection of short podcats which cover a range of different areas of the IDT process designed to provide a handy overview for trainees as well as regional contacts, such as TPDs and Heads of Schools. These are available at: http://www.londondeanery.ac.uk/var/idt/podcasts
For intra-deanery transfer (for example, transferring from an East Midlands North to an East Midlands South programme) please contact Danielle Miller or Katy Simmons.