HEE Study Leave Team (East Midlands)
Our responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Policy updates – regular communication with CSL Coordinators and Medical Education Managers.
- Provision of study leave funding.
- Provision and maintenance of a study leave recording system.
- Provide information and guidance at School/Programme inductions/for new starters regarding the overall study leave process.
- Support complex/technical queries and provide support/authorisation/ratification for CSL Coordinators as appropriate.
- Encourage trainees to proactively utilise study leave entitlements throughout the academic year.
HEE also includes other teams responsible for other aspects of junior doctor training, such as placement details (Programmes Team). You can find contact details for other HEE Teams in the CSL Policy (available on our Resources & Guidance page) or on our Getting Support page.
What don't we do
Although we receive a large number of queries, anything we receive relating to the below will simply be redirected to the appropriate person/team.
- Process study leave expenses (except for Public Health, for whom we are doing so temporarily) - this is done by CSL Coordinators.
- Support Course Manager
- This is a separate service to book places on courses, rather than booking study leave. You can book your course places here: https://secure.intrepidonline.co.uk/CourseManager/EMD/
- You can find more information and support on the Faculty Support Team's dedicated webpage here: https://www.eastmidlandsdeanery.nhs.uk/faculty/support/CourseManager
- Approve leave requests - this is done by Rota Approvers and (if applicable) Educational/Exception Approvers
- Manage placements - this is managed by HEE's Programmes Team: