SuppoRTT: Coach Yourself Through Imposter Syndrome to Return to Training
Tuesday 11th May 2021 2pm until 4pm
Thursday 23rd September 2021 230pm until 430pm
Wednesday 17th November 2021 7pm until 9pm
Friday 14th January 2022 10am until 12pm
Monday 28th March 2022 1230pm until 230pm
Two-hour free online discussion seminar with small group coaching with registered coach Dr Katy Mahoney from coaching company - Rodetal
1. Identifying common aspects of impostor syndrome affecting trainees returning to training
2. Cultivating helpful thought patterns
3. Values and beliefs for confidence
4. Small group coaching to internalise accomplishments, challenge limiting beliefs and showcase strengths
This two-hour online discussion seminar will support you to identify impostor syndrome symptoms and share with peers how you have approached impostor syndrome in the past. The session will cover themes relating to anxiety, fear of failure, loss of confidence, procrastination, perfectionism and risk aversion. We will discuss how these aspects of impostor syndrome might be playing out through confidential small group coaching and discussion. You will then create a personalise framework to coach yourself to overcome impostor syndrome and to support others in a similar position.
By the end of the session you will know how to:
- Identify common aspects of impostor syndrome affecting trainees returning to training
- Cultivate impostor syndrome beating thought patterns
- Recognise personal values and beliefs that support self-confidence and esteem
- Have a productive coaching conversation with colleagues and peers to support others suffering with impostor syndrome
Throughout the session you will be encouraged to be open and honest in your learning, engaging with an open, positive and growth mindset.
To book, please use Accent (previously known as Intrepid Course Manager) here . If you haven't used Intrepid in the past you will need to register first. Please then search for the webinar using "SuppoRTT".
Please note the following:
- Spaces are limited to 12 therefore you are advised to book as soon as possible.
- Trainees returning to training will be given priority for spaces.
- This is a pilot session only so there are no other dates planned at present
SuppoRTT: Supporting Working Parents
Tuesday 22nd June 2021 9am until 1230pm
Wednesday 8th September 2021 9am until 1230pm
Friday 10th December 2021 9am until 1230pm
Tuesday 8th March 2022 9am until 1230pm
This course is specifically designed to support trainees returning or recently returned to training from parental leave. The session runs from 9-12:30, with a short break part way through.
At the end of this programme you will be able to:
- - Manage internal anxiety, guilt and other "gremlins" that hamper or hold you back
- - Create a bespoke action plan for (profile-raising) productivity
- - Build a solid confidence plan
- - Feel supported, motivated, valued and in control
- - Design strategies for building more time into your day
- - Optimise your communication style
- - Walk away confident that you have the time and resources to perform at your best both as a parent and as an employee
SuppoRTT: Mental Wellbeing and Personal Management
Tuesday 8th June 2021 10am until 1230pm
- Importance of mindset vs skillset
- Key components of Emotional Intelligence including the ‘feelings grid’
- Strategies to handle pressure and stress in the moment and at the end of shift
- How to control our "chimp" brain
- Directing our mental camera
- A 10-15 minute Q&A session (unrecorded) to deal with personal issues and challenges
Productivity & Focus Retreat
Tuesday 21st September 2021 915am until 245pm
Friday 11th February 2021 915am until 245pm
This is a course which we run for OOPR trainees twice a year facilitated by our external, performance coach Dr Katy Mahoney. The course may also benefit those trainees studying for exams/qualifications or simply aiming to update their e-Portfolio.
Essentially, this session encapsulates two hours of researcher study skills teaching alongside 4 hours dedicated to your own work (please ensure you have any notes and files you might need to hand to facilitate this). This is a hugely popular event with excellent feedback so please ensure you book early if you are interested.
Upskilling the Educator
Wednesday 9th of April 2021 10am until 1230pm
Course information to follow.
Creative Reflective Practice - online group session
A space for you to reflect on and process your experience of returning to medical practice, individually and collaboratively.
16th April 2021 - 3pm until 5pm
30th April 2021 - 1pm until 3pm
14th May 2021 - 3pm until 5pm
28th May 2021 - 1pm until 3pm
11th June 2021 - 3pm until 5pm
25th June 2021 - 1pm until 3pm
For more information please contact: suppoRTT@uhl-tr.nhs.uk (UHL SuppoRTTadmin) or: email@example.com (UHL return to training lead).
To book a place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see attached leaftet for further information.
Please note: In order to facilitate these sessions, your name and email address will be shared with the course provider.