Applications and Interviews
A range of documents to help you plan and prepare effective applications and interviews.
- CV Guide
- Action Words for CVs and Application forms
- 15 Tips for a successful Specialty Training application
- Structuring Answers with the STAR Model
- Practice Interviews - Quick model to help you organise practice interviews!
- Don't forget! East Midlands Trainees have access to the VLE module "The Essential Guide to Specialty Applications and Interviews" which has much more information on applications, interviews and other selection activities.
Managing Your Career
Resources to help you plan, manage and maintain your career.
- Career Audit Tool
- One to One Careers Support - Flyer
- A 5-Stage Career Management Framework
- Information Interviews
- Careers outside medicine
- Don't forget! East Midlands Trainees have access to the VLE module "The Essential Guide to Specialty Applications and Interviews", Module 1 covers career planning and specialty choice...
Downloads relating to the Careers Champions initiative...
- For Users - Overview of the Careers Champions Scheme
- For Users - Quick User Guide for the Careers Champions website list.
- For Champions - Becoming a Champion
- For Champions - Resource List
- For Staff & Supervisors - Overview of the Careers Champions Scheme
About our workshops
Information about career workshops...
- F1 Careers Workshop "Your Career, Your Life, Your Direction" - Flyer
- F2 Careers Workshop "Guide To Specialty Applications and Interviews" - Flyer
- Informing Your Career Choices Workshop - Flyer
For Staff - Supporting Your Trainees
- Effective Careers Support and Example Career Coaching Questions
- Career Audit Tool
- Overview of the Careers Champions Scheme
- Don't forget! If you are a member of faculty delivering the F2 workshop "Guide to Specialty Applications and Interviews" you have access to the VLE module for trainers, which includes a range of support resources and material.